CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 28, 2002, 01:24 AM

Default (halo) xbox - xbox problems

sponsored links

ok bought my kids 4 xbox's 1 each got a crossover cable to link 2 xbox's together one original halo game 1 copy conect them up does not work does 1 make a game for other to join
or do both just join
or does the one with original one create and the one with the copy join
oh when we try nothing hapens but when we switch one xbox off the other one says lost conetion how long does it take for the game to start on the link up
have all of the xbox's chiped evox installed on them.
do i have to go in settings
to set anything up
and to conect all 4 up do i use crossover or not and a hub
thanks for any help on this
Old Dec 28, 2002, 11:27 PM
Veteran

I don't know if the crossover cable work. But I know that the system link cable work. One end of the cable go to the xbox and the other end go the other xbox. After you have xbox linked together. Turn on halo and go to the system link mode. And one xbox create a game and other xbox just join. It does not matter if the game is orginal or copy because you are playing off line.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 07:29 AM
Veteran

yes crossover works, but the copy of halo probably doesn't. my first one didnt for link up (and you may also find in the demo games, go to fusion frenzy and try and play the king of the ring game with the big balls, I think you will find that doesnt work either) it will show you have the version of halo that doesnt link, get another copy and specify that it needs to be proved to link up...
Old Dec 29, 2002, 12:03 PM

thanks for info think i'll rip it myself then try the copy i rip let you know the results
Old Dec 30, 2002, 12:26 PM

works fine must of been a dodgy copy the one with no system linkup just like you said thanks