CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Dec 28, 2002, 10:56 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Whats the hard to find complatable RAM? Edo Sims?
Old Dec 28, 2002, 10:59 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by zedy [/i]I doubt very much that the bios would be able to handle that video card.
Please tell me why zeedy? It's a reguar PCI video card.
This is the second post from you that I have seen that was incorect in this forum, if you don't have anyknowledge about this critera please don't post something so vague and incorect just to get your post count up.

Quote:
anyways, you will need to install the drivers that came with the card too, why don't you try to install that drivers......
He is correct, the first time you install windows, it installs a temporary geniric driver compatable with virtualy every video card so you see a singal, then you should install the specific drivers for your video card.

Last edited by ps2wiz; Dec 28, 2002 at 11:03 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:49 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by BigStan [/i]
[B]And what happened to the geforce 4 in your other thread? [/B]
With the original GForce did you get as far as installing the drivers for that...? If so when you boot into windows from safe mode remove any traces of the Nvidia drivers from your system, reboot and see if you can get in to windows with the OS generic graphics driver as ps2wiz01 says and then try installing the ATI drivers....

Smiffy
Old Dec 29, 2002, 04:22 AM
Veteran

To be fair I think youre system could do with an upgrade in a few other departments to get the most of your graphics card, which is particularly nice! If I read ut right, you may want more than 64mb of ram. Also if your mobo doesnt have an agp slot just because its old so to speak, then I would seriously consider an upgrade if you can.

When your pc boots into safe mode, does the graphics card work and can you see it working in device manager?
Old Dec 29, 2002, 07:44 AM

Obviously ps2wiz01 has very little experience with pcs and their little foibles.
Firstly, if you wish to install a video card of above type in, an obviously, older machine there are a few factors to take into account.
If the bios does not support that type of card then you need to ensure that you can get a new bios that is new enough that it might support that card.
Next you need to upgrade the motherboard video drivers, eg for agp slot, if such a thing existst for that mobo.
Lastly the latest drivers for video card need to be installed.
All the above will NOT guarantee that it will work, if it does then - good. if not then you need to accept that the machine is just too antiquated to support the card.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 09:35 AM
Banned

to tell the truth, I think both of yah do have a lot of knowlege in computer than regular peps like me well, ps2wiz you shouldn't say that he doesn't have any experience in this problem, I think zedy was just trying to help out on his last post, and I don't think he were trying to increasing his status......

and for you zedy, ps2wiz01 do have a lot of experience with pcs. He knows everythings that i do plus more...... and he also had help me out a bunch on my previous problem too.

Last edited by thisiscoo; Dec 29, 2002 at 09:37 AM.
Closed Thread