CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 01, 2003, 11:05 AM

Default Urgent Help With PS2 Network Adapter Wanted!

sponsored links

Hi all,
I have read all of the network adapter topics, searched the board and read the ps2 faq (new and old). My problem is with the official sony ps2 network adapter.

I am based in the UK and have ntl as my isp, and am using ntlworld 128k cable broadband with their silver cable modm. I have a V4 (GT pack) messiah chipped PS2 and a ntsc network adapter and start up disc.

I used to have a dial up connection and managed to set it up perfectly with the adapter and could play games online. I had been using that connection up until recently when i changed to broadband, and now i cant set it up

Ive tried automatic configurations, with and without my username/pass, manually setting up the configuration (which says i am connected, but doesnt send the registration deatils, or go online again!) I have tried everything i can think of, and am now wanting advice from the board.

could u plz explain;

1. DHCP, what is it and where can i find it on my PC/cable modem?
2. Where can i find out my DHCP host name??
3. Is the netmask the same as my subnet mask??
4. Default router address, where can i find it and what is it??

If u live in the uk and have ntl broadband could u plz lmk how u managed to do it cos its really annoying me. I am linking the network adapter to my cable modem using an ethernet wire, is that correct?? I am trying to play games like TMB:Online, THPS3, Auto Modellista (JAP) and Capcom vs snk 2 (JAP), and all of them will not connect 2 play

PLZ HELP ME!!!!!

if u think u know the solution or need more info then plz email me @ [email]thestoreman@hotmail.com[/email] plz!!!!

cheerz
Old Jan 01, 2003, 11:56 AM
Veteran

Go to your control panel, then to network connections, then right click on your lan connection, go to status, then click the support tab, then click the details button....should have all the info u need in there...
Old Jan 01, 2003, 12:03 PM

thanks 4 that...

but i want to know what to use as the default router address, and what the dhcp host name is... any help would b appreciated
Old Jan 01, 2003, 01:26 PM

all i can come up with is this;

Address Type: Assigned By DHCP
IP Address:
Subnet Mask:
Default Gateway:
Physical Address:
DHCP Server:
DNS Servers:

so i cant find out the DHCP Server hostname (only the number which i cant input because of the ..... in it) and i also cant find the default router address which is needed for setup!

I am in need of some serious help!!!

Old Jan 01, 2003, 08:38 PM

try deleting your old file off of the memory card and let it create a new configuration file with your start up disc.
Old Jan 01, 2003, 10:41 PM
Banned

ussally, many cable internet provider don't need the domain/host name........

but if you do need it, you can call up your internet provider and ask them... (that's why my linksys router manual tell me to do, lol )