CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 02, 2003, 08:12 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by joaoviss [/i]
[B]where's mitsu, dcm and others?
HELP! GOD! [/B]
Hey! I'm right here

[b]THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL AND I DO NOT GUARANTEE IN ANY WAY THAT THEY WILL WORK 100% FOR SURE[/b]

Sorry m8! But I've never used bin2boot! I looked around however and I think what you want to convert the plain files into a non selfboot iso, then turn the iso file into a bin file, then run bin2boot on the resulting bin.

The problem is you will have to hex edit the 1st_read.bin (I dunno how hard/easy this is). I have found guides on self boot to non-selfboot but they start with a cdi file, not plain files

This thread tells contains a post telling how to do this:

***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16139

I think you can skip down to the part where it says to extract the files out (about 1/2 way down the post). It explains how to hex edit your files or whatever.

Then I would think you should combine all these files into a .iso file using CDRWin. Use the "build ISO 9660 image" but don't record it. Select the files you want in the image then click start (I think?? I dont use CDRWin any more).

With any luck you will end up with a .iso file. If you own a full version of WinISO you can open the .iso file and then save it as a bin file. Otherwise if you want to use free tools, you can get [url=***********.daemon-tools.org]daemon tools mount the .iso and use CDRWin to make a .bin image (using the "extract disc/sectors" option).

Hopefully all this works and then you can run bin2boot on your final bin file.

As stated before I have never tried this, but if you haev enough time and empty disc space, its worth a shot I guess.

HTH

Old Jan 02, 2003, 08:20 PM
Veteran

You can use CDRwin to make an iso out of the plain files.

Options:
File Backup and Tools
Build an ISO9660 image file
Browse Directory then Add (also include the Ip.bin file)

Tick options:
Long Filenames (Joliet)
Include Hidden Files
Include System Files

Then give the iso an output name.
Old Jan 03, 2003, 12:38 PM

RagingDevil is correct. DO NOT use echelon's selfboot tools. Make an iso following his settings with cdrwin. When you have the iso (.bin and .cue), go to a dos prompt and type "bin2boot xxx.bin." Bin2boot will hack ip.bin and generate a selfbooting disc juggler image. Burn it with DJ. If your game has CDDA audio tracks, bin2boot won't work.
Old Jan 03, 2003, 12:48 PM
Veteran

it will work with cdda games aslong as u use the latest ver and direct it to the cue file rather then the .bin file
Old Jan 03, 2003, 01:24 PM
Veteran

Yes, I just realized I was wrong about hacking the .bin files, sorry if I wasted your time
Old Jan 03, 2003, 06:26 PM

dcm386, psibob, fugoff, ragingdevil
i really thank you very mutch
it's the help i was looking for
thanks thanks thanks
later, i'm trying this, tomorrow i'll buy another cd-rs to burn
i can't understand this, echelons fails on me for the fist time

i love this forum