CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 05, 2003, 06:52 AM
suspended

Thumbs up A Great FREE Prog for ALL Windows users

sponsored links

[B]Startup ControlPanel 2.8 & Startup Monitor[/B]

Startup Control Panel is a nifty control panel applet that allows you to easily configure which programs run when your computer starts. It's simple to use and, like all my programs, is very small and won't burden your system. A valuable tool for system administrators!

Startup Control Panel is compatible with all modern versions of Windows, including Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, and XP.

[IMG]***********.mlin.net/media/StartupCPL.png[/IMG]

FREE here:- ***********.mlin.net/

A cracking little proggie this! I would not run any system without it myself, along with [B]Startup Monitor[/B] that is also FREE from the same author too you can stop any prog that wants to run on start up. You will rarely ever use msconfig.exe after trying these two out I can assure you.

[B]StartupMonitor[/B]

StartupMonitor is a small utility that runs transparently (it doesn't even use a tray icon) and notifies you when any program registers itself to run at system startup. It prevents those utterly useless tray applications from registering themselves behind your back, and it acts as a security tool against trojans like BackOrifice or Netbus.

StartupMonitor does not require Startup Control Panel, but it complements it nicely. When you choose not to allow a program to register itself, the program's entry becomes disabled in Startup Control Panel, so you can go back and enable it later if necessary. StartupMonitor watches the Start Menu's Startup folders and the Run entries in the registry.

StartupMonitor has been tested on Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP; unfortunately, it does not function correctly under Windows 95 because of some unimplemented routines in the operating system.

[IMG]***********.mlin.net/media/StartupMonitor.png[/IMG]
Old Jan 05, 2003, 08:04 AM

cool thanx
Old Jan 05, 2003, 05:00 PM
Veteran

and this link will give you a lot of decent info about Startup Items www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm
Old Jan 05, 2003, 07:22 PM

Hey, This guy has some good stuff.
Old Jan 05, 2003, 10:57 PM

thanks alot, very cool program