CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 05, 2003, 06:16 AM

Unhappy messiah 2 wont boot cdr's or dvdr's

sponsored links

messiah 2 wont boot cdr's or dvdr's

but originals play fine...... ? ?

The machine is brand new never been used ........ so not laser problem

Machine is SCPH 39003R (is this V7 ? ?)

I used the version 7 install diagrams from messiah website

took great care with all connections and checked with meter that none were bridged, b4 I switched it on

any help or advice would be greatly apreciated

thanks

donnerkebab
Old Jan 05, 2003, 10:12 AM
Veteran

is it sorta booting or just going to the red screen and saying insert a official ps2 disk r somethin??coz im havin the same prob.chips installed and its not booting any backups at all,jus keeps on going to the red screen??whats up?
Old Jan 05, 2003, 10:19 AM

same prob as u m8
goes straight to the red screen ... insert offical ps2 disk

? any ideas whats up
Old Jan 06, 2003, 06:52 AM

If your M2's are booting PS1 backups but not PS2 and your 100% sure your install is good then check the M2's actel chip is not from the batch 0245 (number in bottom right corner of actel chip) If the actel is an 0245 then its mostly the voltage flaw is your problem, you'll need to add an additional diode to your M2, there should be a fair few posts about this already.
Old Jan 06, 2003, 08:47 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

dave..

do you need to add extra diodes to the euro chips?? i got a couple with 2 diodes, and loads without..

this morning i installed 2 without diodes and they work great, on saturday i did one with 2 diodes and that was great too.. they were all euro chips.. and all 0245

confusing!

Nick
Old Jan 06, 2003, 09:00 AM

Yeah confusion confusion!

I'm not 100% sure on this one either, it seems that some of the 0245 batch of actels has the flaw and not all.

I forgot to add the diode to a pro 0245 over the weekend and installed it into a ver7 it worked fine.

But they all always work ok with the additional diode so if you have spare diode's its probably best to add them, to save the hassle of re-oppening the PS2.

If your short of diode's maybe install the M2, check if CDR & DVDR boot ok, if not carry out the dual diode fix, no good for us resellers though as we have to fix everyone to gurantee the M2 will work.