CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 17, 2003, 05:33 AM

sponsored links

You need to make sure your using the 3.x volt points suggested by the messiah team. The reason being each 3.x point isn't constant the M team took the time to find the best points.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:04 AM

i used all the points from the china mesiah web site. Ive tried everything now, i disconnected each wire from the chip tested them with a multimeter they all give a reading so i know there attached. Just tried removing the bios as suggested to try booting with ar that didnt boot. checked the points over and over again for position and attached to the right points on the chip. I tried using diffrent types of wire for power and ground, still nothing. i took the colour fix wire off the back. Its really getting to me! i just keep going to that red screen. It still loads originals fine.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:16 AM

Something doesn't add up, a couple of posts ago you said your installing into a version 7.

The china-messiah page won't have any install diags for a version 7 as the M1 only supported vers 3-6. Your probably best going to www.messiah2.com and checking your diagrams against theirs.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 06:14 PM

cheers backstar but ive used the same diagrams as that site.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 05:31 PM
Veteran

Hi guys, I seem to have a problem like this too. It's my first M2 USA install on a V5 or V6 USA machine. I installed it the other day and made sure the track on bottom was cut. Install looked pretty clean so I skipped doing DMM testing.(I've done a bunch of Apple installs and they all worked great.) I used the alternate clock point since it was closer to the chip. I put it back together and it won't boot any backups but originals work fine.

I read this post and went back in, cut the K track and put a 1N4148 diode from radio crap in parallel to the K track...put it back together and still no go on the backups. Originals are still working fine.

Is the track on the back supposed to be cut if you are adding the diode? The Actel batch # on the chip is 0243.

I'm going back in tomorrow to verify all the points with a DMM. Is there anything else I should look for?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
barracuda
Old Jan 19, 2003, 08:09 AM

I think i'm going to give in at get it done proffesionally. The way ive come to see it is that in the amount of time i ve spent trying to sort it out i could have earnt 200 quid. Saving 40 quid doesn't seem that great anymore