CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 19, 2003, 04:12 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Update on my problems...

Went in and tested every point...all good.
Upgraded the reset and clock lines to 22 awg wire and even ran the twisted pair(ground) on the clock line. Couldn't upgrade Scex since it can't hold the wire. Still no go on any backups.

Going in once more to remove the extra diode and bridge the k track cut.
Also found some info to distinguish if it's a V5 or a V6. Will check when I go in.

I remember when the M2 first came out, the compatibility with the USA V6's was debatable...the M2 website had a question mark in the compatibility chart and the site doesn't say they tested them with a V6. Since this is an older M2 USA chip maybe it isn't compatable? If it is a V5 and removing the diode doesn't fix it, I will assume the chip is defective.

Has anyone tried an older M2 USA in a V6 and had any success??
Old Jan 19, 2003, 05:18 PM
Veteran

Finished it. Even tested the extra diode since you never know what you're gonna get from radio crap. Verified that its a V5.

Still no go on bu's...assuming the chip is defective.
Old Jan 19, 2003, 06:38 PM

Unhappy

Hey guys, can anyone help me with a similar problem too please.
I have a v7 pal ps2 and have installed a messiah 2 with the track on the back cut as per messiah2.com instructions.

The problem is that original games and ps1 backups will boot okay but when I try a ps2 cd rip/dvd-r the disc starts to load and shows the sony logo, but then after a second or two the discs just spins - sounds as though it's reading but nothing happens.
Do you know if it could be a problem with the install, the media or the laser adjustment, bearing in mind this is a brand new machine used for less than 24 hours.
Any help would be much appreciated, do you think maybe I need to fit the extra diode???

Last edited by jellyboy; Jan 21, 2003 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:16 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by barracuda [/i]
[B]Hi guys, I seem to have a problem like this too. It's my first M2 USA install on a V5 or V6 USA machine.

Is the track on the back supposed to be cut if you are adding the diode? The Actel batch # on the chip is 0243.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
barracuda [/B]
Check that your PS2 is a ver5 and not a ver6, that M2 won't support USA ver 6 PS2's.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 07:31 AM

finally got mine sorted today!

the place I bought the chip from agreed to exchange it with another. which now works..

backstar - thanks for sending the diode..... I didnt end up using it so if anyone one wants it lmk

I will be getting my chips from here from now on
***********.star-services.info/

thanks
Old Jan 21, 2003, 08:17 AM

Glad to hear you got it up and running in the end, its pretty frustrating having a modchip installed in your PS2 that won't function!

And also thanks for the reccomendation, you've put a on my face.

Have fun