CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 13, 2003, 01:21 AM

Question need help making evox disk

sponsored links

O.K. just installed Matrix and flased evox 2.5 .Now I'm trying to get evoxdash to backup games but I cant seem to get it to work.I was told to put evoxdash.xbe and default.xbe on a disk and this would get me up and running but It hasnt worked for me.Can anyone help me out?
Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:34 AM

Firstly make an empty folder on your PC - call it toxbox (or something)

Then extract evox dash into there.

You should end up with folders called Bios, Skins, and a few other files including one called default.xbe and one called evox.ini(this holds the instructions for evox dash) - you don't need a file called evoxdash.xbe - well not on the CD anyway.

If you make an ISO out of the folder toxbox and then burn it, it should boot to the evox dash in your xbox.

Once you get to this stage, you can link your xbox to your PC via ftp and install the dashboard on the xbox HD so that it boots on startup and you don't have to use the CD everytime.

You just simply copy all files from the evox CD to the C:/ drive on the xbox - then rename the default.xbe you have copied - to evoxdash.xbe (actually i don't think evox2.5 supports booting from evoxdash.xbe) try and flash the chip with either 3.6 or d.6 if you can.

Now when you boot your xbox the BIOS will look for evoxdash.xbe before the standard xboxdash.xbe and voila you will be presented with evox dash.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:11 AM

Thanks wraper will give it a shot .Having a tuff time finding evox3.6 but I'll find it.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:11 PM

hey wraper i got d.6 witch i flashing matrix as i write but i tried what you said but no luck my xbox kept saying it could not recognize disk is there a specific way of putting the file on disk i tried nero and primo dvd on a cdrw same deal.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 03:32 AM

How are you burning it, I had the same problem but i was burning it as a data cd instead of making and ISO then burning it to the cd. After i did that it worked.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 02:52 PM

What version xbox have you got m8 ? v1.0 or v1.1 - and have you used cd-rw in your xbox before - could be a media issue.

I prefer writing my evox boot disc to DVD.

As Jordan says - make sure you are making an ISO out of the folder that is to be burned to disc. xISO is a useful prog.