CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 14, 2003, 04:21 PM

Default PS2 Media Player as Boot Media Disk on NoMod PS2

sponsored links

Ok, I'm posting this to tell you that you can use the PS2 Media Player on on nomod PS2 as if you had a chipped PS2, i.e. you can swap between movies without the Player on the cd. However, your movie will not even boot if it is larger than your boot disk (e.g. Action Replay 2.1 / 71mins)

This is what I did:
Create a bin file using CDGENPS2 and placing a DivX movie in a folder called DivX. Burn this to cd. Boot it up in your PS2 t your usual no mod way.

Once the player is booted and you have options to play the movie etc, select Browse. You will now see:

DIVX

Don't press anything, you should have noticed that the cd is not spinning in your PS2 anymore (well it doesn't on mine anyway). Perform your swap for the movie disk (which must be no bigger than your original boot cd) and then press 'O' on the pad to refresh the directory. You will now notice that the listings are of the new cd! Simply find your movie and press 'X' and it will play!

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so sorry if this is a doublepost, also I posted it here because the Media Player FAQ is a bit confusing as there are many questions compared to answers.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 10:35 AM
Veteran

sorry m8, but wasn't this in the text file in the media player download? Or are you just posting this to be helpful?
Old Jan 15, 2003, 03:41 PM

Just trying to be helpfull. In the readme it says that a modchip is required.