CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 20, 2003, 03:53 PM

sponsored links

right mate, will give another try. excuse me for being thick wheres the bios? how do i get there? and how do i enable it? thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 03:55 PM

Just try it first, it should be enabled

riget.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:11 PM

ok i plugged the ethernet back in and i run the ntl broadband cd and now i get the message...

A faulty or non-functional adapter has been found. Please remove the following malfunctioning adapters before continuing with installation. If this is a USB NIC that has been removed, please physically plug it back in:

USB Cable Modem 351000
Click the 'Fix' button to correct this problem.

Error Code :23

whats this mean? how do i sort it out? this is what happened before with this connector, if i can get around this then i think theres a chance of it getting online!
Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:31 PM

Ok if you have a mobo manual look in there, if not to get in the bios press delete during boot, press several times if need be.
go into Intergrated Peripherals and see if there's a "onboard lan chip" and enable it. try that first.

riget.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:42 PM

went into the BIOS....

looked everywhere only thing with the word 'LAN' in it i see was 'onboard LAN boot ROM' it was disabled so i enabled it but still get the same prob when i put the ntl disc back in......

A faulty or non-functional adapter has been found. Please remove the following malfunctioning adapters before continuing with installation. If this is a USB NIC that has been removed, please physically plug it back in:

USB Cable Modem 351000
Click the 'Fix' button to correct this problem.

Error Code :23

Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:48 PM

go into device manager and remove the usb cable modem

riget.