CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 21, 2003, 05:39 PM

Default I have a great crazy idea " installers insurance"

sponsored links

Folks an idea come to mine. Instead of playing a waiting game on the biggest risk taker to report on success or failure of a chip, we can have an installer insurance. In this way we can keep up with the latest technology quickly and indemnify the risk taker against any personnal losses.

This is how I propose it could work:

Lets say the new dms3 comes out and a forum member agrees to test this chip which cost $100 total. If 50 persons agree then each participant would contribute $2 each to protect.

Lets look at another example, say a cheap clone Messiah chip is on the market but we are not sure about the integrity of this chip or the supplier. We can do the same as in the example above

The tester will then report back to the group (forum) and then the members can move forward on their own or even order in quantity to get a better price.

Let the disscussion begin !!
Old Jan 21, 2003, 05:43 PM
Veteran

it's the same thing if a seller starts to sell a game that 3 days after it's first release is nuked...it's bad luck for both parties (both seller/buyer...now of course there's a major differnece between a $50 chip and a $2 disc...but it's the same principal) the buyer/seller have to work it out from themselves....(i'd personaly give em a free copy of the new workin one), but since a modchip etc is much more expensive, i'd say a compromise should be reached....like the installer,installs the chip for free, or vise versa, or something (but you'll find in most cases, crappy chips that have major problems release "clips" to fix any problem....which can just be mounted on the other chip

- Konga123
Old Jan 21, 2003, 10:05 PM
suspended

This is a technical support forum, you're proposing some sort of buying syndicate which is well outside the bounds of this forum.

Closed.