CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 26, 2003, 09:02 AM

Question CD-RW is not being recognised/found by Toast?

sponsored links

Hi, I hope some one can help me with this problem.
I am in the process of up grading to OSX, because of a conflict I had to reinitialise, zero, my hard disk. This I did after backing all my data on to CD. I am now, after reloading OS9.2.2 and other basic software, ready to load OSX. I want to partion the disk when I load OSX and I have been told to back up data. This is where the problem is I opened Toast 5 put data in to be burn but it would not let me and I noticed at the bottom of the window ‘No CD-recorder found’.
I opened Apple systems profiler and my CD-RW, Sony CRX 160E RP is shown to be there connected to the firewire port. I put in a music CD and it appeared on the desktop!
I would be grateful if anyone could help me I am hoping that it something simple that has gone missing during reinitialising?

Thanks 3D
Old Jan 26, 2003, 09:17 AM

You probably did this already but make sure you have the latest toast(5.2) and go into the preferences. There you will see the preferred drive and see if you can select the sony. There is also a test button.
If this does not work try sony, they may have updated drivers, if your drive came with them.