CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 27, 2003, 02:25 PM

Default Need help with my Pioneer A04 DVD player does not run Help me Please...

sponsored links

Hi I have a G4 400mhz PCI computer the first G4 with a G3 motherboard and I tried to install my a04. I think I installed it right but the problem is my apple DVD player gives me an error in 0S9 as for OS 10 or Jaguar it does not even care to open it. My computer must be capable of using this drive because I see other people with a G3 have it installed in their computer. I use it as the master drive. I think the question is how do I get my player to play. Is their a third party I can use to play movies with. I have all the operating systems out there do I have to reinstall something. I have not even tried to burn a DVD yet because I am trying to figure this out first. Please can anyone help me.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 03:08 PM

I know you want to use it primarily in X, but what is the exact error message that you get in 9?

Also, did any Apple software come with the burner?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 03:56 PM

NO apple software came with my burner just pc software. In OS9 player logo starts to appear then it gives me an error message. I am at work so I have to post the error message a little bit later. thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 08:49 AM

I reinstalled my original operating system which was OS 8.5 and even then I cannot use the DVD player it give me an error . I wonder if it is the graphic card I have a ATi 128 with 16mg for video. Can that be the problem I need to upgrade my card. don't forget I have a PCI sytem.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 10:18 AM
Veteran

Do you get an error when you try to burn a dvd in toast?

You might need to update to 9.1 and download the latest dvd player software that is compatible with os 9
Old Jan 28, 2003, 10:37 AM

THe funny thing is that I have had this burner for over a week and I have not tried to burn a dvd yet. I want to take care of the little things before i jump to the big things.

The error message I get is:
Apple DVD player cannot open because the required hardware was not found.

That's why I am wondering if I need to upgrade my card. But I have to know what kind of graphics card do I need. Of course I cannot get any fancy one if my memeory uses PC100.