CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 12, 2003, 03:26 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

I don't think it has full support for either the keyboard or mouse -- can't remember which
Old Feb 13, 2003, 07:33 AM

Ok people I got this yesterday, and I wouldnt get so exited about it.

There are some issues with this.

1) Loading. It stops to load all the time, I mean you only have to walk a couple of yards and it has to load.
2) The frame-rate is poor. Thus the animation is a bit jumpy.
3) The graphics are a bit dated now, and not very high definition.

Probably if the develpers had not pulled the plug on this they may have addressed some of the issues. Although to me it looks the completed job.

Still a big hats off to the guys who got this out, but it should have probably been left on the shelf to become an urban myth.

Anybody else played it? What do you think?
Old Feb 13, 2003, 04:07 PM

This release is NOT the final version of the game. The final version runs smoother (Better framerate & less loading). How do I know? Because I know someone that has the original game.

And no, he is not going to give it to some group for them to rip the game, if he did he would be in deep ****. It doesn't matter if the DC is dead or not. Beleive me, I'm very pissed about it too.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 04:25 PM
Veteran

Sure Hacker999, that's believable. Of course your "friend" will never give out his final version of Half-life.

If we all had a dime for every time some idiot on these boards claimed they conveniently "know someone" or "have a friend" we would all be rich.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 12:51 AM

Not the final version? Are you kidding me? To address JustMyLuck's 3 issues...

1. The loading is an integral part of the game. The PC version does this all the time as well. I haven't played the PS2 version, but I imagine it's the same. Its nice to take a break every once in a while rather than waiting 10 minutes for a Halo sized level to load. This wasn't going to be fixed in any final version.

2. Yeah the frame rate isn't exactly Halo and it isn't as good as a PC, but its pretty darn good. What makes it seem jumpy is the controls. Quake played alot like this on the Dreamcast. I'm not sure if it has mouse and keypad support, but I like the controller more now anyway.

3. Yes the graphics aren't that great... I mean come on, after the flood how could this even compare? Answer... Story! This one rivals Halo's story and for you old heads, even Out of this World.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops, but I couldn't be happier about this comming out, and there's not a shred of dissapointment.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 12:36 PM
Veteran

It plays almost exactly like my set-up when it was first released on the PC.

At the time I had

P2 266
Voodoo 1 (4Meg card!)
32 Meg Memory
3 Gig HD
Soundblaster 16

The load points are virtually identical, the speed on the DC is a lot faster and it's slightly more colourful and detailed on the PC.

Download and enjoy this blast from the past!