CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 24, 2003, 05:43 AM

sponsored links

Lets hope someone at Pioneer actually looks in these forums, they may get to realise that unless they release a decent firmware for the A05 very soon they are going to lose the dvd writer market and their reputation for reliable products if they still have one!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2003, 08:43 AM

zxsdef,

Bidpockets told me that the 4 x datawrte only go at 2x in 105 burners due to a fall out between pioneer and datasafe. Apparently pioneer did'nt put the header code in the firmware for these discs to be recognised as 4 x only 2.
This was a costly lesson to me equally as they onl told me this on complaint !
What's pionners game anyway should'nt we choose what speed and who's brand name media have on them?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:10 AM

It looks as though the problem with the yellow datawrites on the 105 is due to there being two varieties.
The ones I used wouldn't work with firmware 1.00 and 1.21, using Nero, DVDXcopy, Prassi and Instantcopy.
Not sure of the serial number at the moment because I'm in work. I'll post it when I get home, and hopefully somebody can post the ones that work for them
Old Feb 25, 2003, 07:25 PM
Veteran

firmware 1.21 not 1.22 soz for confusion
scrump.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 03:10 AM
suspended

I'm using Yellow Datawrites with this serial/batch code:- H062891128611 on my A05 which I bought from www.xsct.co.uk/ and they work fine, only at 1X though of course.

I'm even thinking of starting an online petition at the moment to present to Pioneer, this whole firmware situation is evil! If there is enough response from members here and at other forums I'll go ahead with it.

One question though, I seem to remember an online petition site that anybody can join up to and have such a page, anybody know a URL for this?
Old Feb 26, 2003, 04:51 AM
suspended

OK I've found the petition online site and have checked up on most of the details involved in starting this. The very fact there is a sticky thread at the top of this forum with almost [b]30,000[/b] viewings goes to show how big a problem this is. Now a petition might not even solve anything you may be thinking, and yes of course you could be right, but sitting back and doing nothing other than complain about this situation will do us no good either will it?

Quality DVDR media is not cheap now is it? Every coaster you make costs [b]you[/b] money, every 4X DVD-R you pay for but yet can only burn at 1X is an insult to you as a customer of Pioneer. Why should they be allowed to get away with this con?

If anyone has any views on this or indeed any ideas or thoughts, maybe you know a good contact in the PC press (US or UK) then please let me know at:- [email]lazza@burnbabyburn.org.uk[/email]

So is anyone prepared to simply just take the time out to vote online and get behind this if/when it is launched? It cannot be done without the support of you guys.