CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 06, 2003, 08:24 PM

Default lite-on cd+g"final answers"

sponsored links

hello all you karaoke dude's,i will now give you all the info on cd+g ripping...lite-on's can not read cd+g as they have not got a internall cd+g decoder so their for u can not rip individual tracks(cdr-win or disc juggler)..you can copy the complete karaoke disc using clone just make sure you read with your lite on copy with it and make sure subcode is checked....as far as i know it is only the plextors which can read and copy cd+g and the sony stopped using cd+g encoding technology after the crx-160e series....hope that helps you all,,,because if anyone say's the can create .bin file's on a lite-on using cdr-win with-out the help of karaoke playground site they are talking s"""........that is a fact...
Old Feb 07, 2003, 08:48 AM

all the yamaha drives do it as well m8
full list of compatable drives below

The following CDROM recorders will write CD+G discs…

CREATIVE CDR4210 *
HP 8100/8110
PANASONIC CW-7501 *
PLASMON CDR4240 *
PLEXTOR PX-R412C (not recommended due to bugs)
PLEXTOR PX-R820T (not recommended at this time)
SONY CRX100E/CRX110E
YAMAHA All Models **

* Records CD+G at 1x speed only and is not capable of reading CD+G.
** All Yamaha models can read CD+G except the CDR100 and CDR102.

The following CDROM drives will read CD+G discs…

PLEXTOR 4Plex Plus

PLEXTOR 8Plex

PLEXTOR 12Plex

PLEXTOR 12/20Plex

PLEXTOR 14/32Plex

PLEXTOR 17/40Plex (not recommended at this time)

SONY 76S (not recommended)

SONY 415 (only works well at 1x reading speed)

I want to backup a disc that contains CD-TEXT information. What CDROM recorders and drives support this?

The following CDROM recorders will read/write CD-TEXT discs…

HP 8100/8110

SONY CRX100E/CRX110E

The following CDROM drives will read CD-TEXT discs…

PLEXTOR 17/40Plex
Old Feb 07, 2003, 08:50 AM

bugs with plextor drives has been sorted
Old Feb 07, 2003, 11:03 AM

Default Re: lite-on cd+g"final answers"

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by craig'os [/i]
[B]hello all you karaoke dude's,i will now give you all the info on cd+g ripping...lite-on's can not read cd+g as they have not got a internall cd+g decoder so their for u can not rip individual tracks(cdr-win or disc juggler)..you can copy the complete karaoke disc using clone just make sure you read with your lite on copy with it and make sure subcode is checked....as far as i know it is only the plextors which can read and copy cd+g and the sony stopped using cd+g encoding technology after the crx-160e series....hope that helps you all,,,because if anyone say's the can create .bin file's on a lite-on using cdr-win with-out the help of karaoke playground site they are talking s"""........that is a fact... [/B]

Sorry, you are not correct. I have a lite-on cdrw 32x and I can rip the tracks with cdrwin 3.9a ( This is the version anyone with a lite on should be using from what I understand)
I also discovered that I can rip the tracks with my Artec DVD rom drive with this same version of cdrwin.
As for reading (viewing) a disc directly as a karaoke disc from either drive...... no, its not possible.
I dont have karaoke playground btw.
Old Feb 07, 2003, 12:43 PM
Veteran

I am going slightly mad, you say you cannot read cd+g with a liteon but you can rip tracks with cdrwin? Pray tell me then, how do you get the tracks into cdrwin to rip them if the liteon doesnt read them? I must be missing something. My LG8480B will write karaoke discs at x48 no problem but wont read them, the only way I can get cd+g is to read a mp3+g disc to hard drive first, am I wrong?
Old Feb 07, 2003, 02:10 PM

hmm,i also have a liteon,but i can verify oxodude that cyberdrive isnt what i need,lol,i doubt a user can give info for sure,information needs to be got from thge manafacturer,then we will all know