CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 08, 2003, 10:13 AM
Veteran

Default Another cheap DVD/CD+G player

sponsored links

I know there are a few threads on this same topic, but as some of you seem to be having a little trouble getting hold of any of these players, here is an alternative. I've had a Cyberhome DVD player for some time now and only today did I try it with a CD+G disc, it played it NO PROBLEM! The model number is 402 and is multi regional straight out of the box. This machine will play ANYTHING! DVD, DVD-R, VCD, SVCD, mp3, CDDA, CD. Not bad for 70 quid eh? There is no key change function and the model I have has no mic sockets, however there is another model from this same manufacturer which does have mic sockets (not sure of the model number) and is a little more expensive, about 90 I think, I have no idea if it has a keychange function though. Both machines are able for firmware upgrades at the Cyberhome website. These machines are widely available, and should be easier to get hold of than the others mentioned on other threads, I got mine from priceless computers in Glasgow, their web address is www.pless.co.uk
So what are you waiting for?
Don't ask me why I waited so long to try a karaoke disc in it.......I don't know

Last edited by vinniedub; Feb 10, 2003 at 06:24 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2003, 04:55 PM
Veteran

I also have a cyberhome DVD player...but mine doesnt play cd+g :-(
must ba different model :-(
Old Feb 09, 2003, 08:13 PM
Veteran

@Dj, have you tried a firmware upgrade mate? not sure if it would work..... but it probably wouldn't do any harm.
@ john, the link doesn't work.
Old Feb 09, 2003, 08:59 PM
Veteran

Vinnie-...u got link for firmare update?
@ john, the link doesn't work.<<<-----didnt work for me either ;-(
Old Feb 09, 2003, 10:36 PM
Veteran

Go to www.savastore.com and click on home entertainment tab at the tp, cyberhome 402+10 movies for 89.99.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 06:32 AM
Veteran

oops..... I apologise for any confusion. My model number is 402 (I originally typed it as 404) I will visit priceless today to check for the address where the f/w upgrade can be had, as the guy in the shop has one himself and it was him who mentioned it to me.