CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 12, 2003, 10:25 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

nope not one.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:39 PM
Veteran

well there is more to this than just a dashboard problem as I have booted many xboxes with missing dashboards. I'll have a think and see if I can think of something
Old Feb 12, 2003, 03:22 PM
Veteran

All I can think of is it must be something to do with the IDE controller
Old Feb 13, 2003, 05:16 AM

hi,

are you sure it is booting from a good bios?, have you flashed the onboard tsop?, or replaced an existing lpc or 29 type chip?.

is it possible that the motherboard has been damage around the lpc or D0/ground points?, have you taken the board out to see if there is any damage on the underside that could possibly prevent it booting from whichever bios chip you're using?

if you're using an lpc type mod, is it worth considering using a 29 wire type homebrew, or xtender type chip to get around a possibly damaged lpc?...

__
arthur_p_huxake

Last edited by arthur_p_huxake; Feb 13, 2003 at 05:18 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 09:24 AM
Veteran

Its not the bios chip. I have taken the original bios chip off the board and replaced it with one that contains an X-ecuter 2 bios image.

I have done this many many times, without any problems.

I have even taken that chip off verified it within my programmer, put another one on still the same fault.

I have looked for any shorts around the board. Connected d0 from just before the through hole direct up to the bios chip, just to take this out oif the equation.

Cleaned the board using IPA and reflowed a few chips around the board.

It was fiitted with and LPC mod when I got it. Removed all the wires.

The SST flash chip was not in its socket, but rattling around inside. I did not power it up before I took it apart.

I may try to stick a piece of wire in each of the larger through holes just in case a connection isn't being made.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 09:47 AM
Veteran

blooming heck.. how the hell did the sst come out of its socket? !! sounds like it had been dropped or something before you got it mate!