CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 11, 2003, 09:32 PM

Default Configmagic

sponsored links

When you use Configmagic, do you have to modify the motherboard before you flash the eeprom? I have evo bios 2.6 on my xbox, but I'm sure the installer had to write enable the bios before he could write to it. He has confirmed that he has write disabled the eeprom to prevent people messing around with it, and wants to charge me $50 to enable it again. I dont want to take the xbox apart and mess with it, so does this mean I cant use Configmagic?
Regards
John Roberts.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 09:25 AM

I'm not sure but I assume that config magic flashing works just like evox flashing. You need to have 2 jumpers connected on the mobo. If you have evox 2.6 you shouldn't really need to change bioses as it has all the features you would need anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 09:57 AM
Veteran

for simple eeprom flashing no mobo modification is required.

the only time you need to mod the board is when you want to flash the onboad bios.

(BTW 50 dollars is a fukin ripoff)
Old Feb 12, 2003, 07:10 PM

hey deniro-s!
which 2 jumpers?
Regards
John.
Old Feb 13, 2003, 09:29 AM

the two jumpers are for bios flashing, not eeprom flashing, I think if you check the tutorials section on xbox-scene.com you can get the pics for where they are. They are extremely small, so you need the pics to find them. And you'll have to fully remove the whole motherboard to get at them, one is on the tiopside the other is on the bottom.