CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 14, 2003, 03:21 AM
Veteran

Default Burning a Codebreaker ISO for ps2...

sponsored links

OK, I downloaded an ISO image for a codebreaker for PS2. The instructions stated: "INSTRUCTIONS

Open up the iso in CDRwin or whatever you want to use, Make sure it is burned MOde 2, CD Xa."

So I opened up CDRwin, and (Tell me if I did this right please) I selected the file backup and tools icon..Then i selected recored an iso9660 file..then I selected cdxa mode 2 at the bottom and burned, but it doesn't work in my ps2.

Was that the correct method of burning?

ALSO: Can this codebreaker be used to boot up backups using the old no mod chip-knife-swap-gameshark trick? I used to boot mine that way with the gameshark however I lost the dongle, and instead of paying another 40 bucks for another gameshark was hoping I could use this.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 04:41 AM
Veteran

anyone........
Old Feb 17, 2003, 09:21 AM

what version g/s is it ? you don't necassarily need the dongle
Old Feb 17, 2003, 10:19 AM
Veteran

You only need a dongle when you boot DVDR. Get a swap magic if you don't want to spend $40 for a gameshark. Plus.. you can't boot up backup codebreaker directly.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 05:38 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by AMD [/i]
[B]Get a swap magic if you don't want to spend $40 for a gameshark. Plus.. you can't boot up backup codebreaker directly. [/B]
Hi AMD,

Just a question I hope you can help me with:

I have the Swap Magic discs and they work great, however they won't boot my backup of Pro Evolution Soccer 2, which apparently is one of a handful of games that Swap Magic *won't* work with. It will, however, boot with GS/AR/Codebreaker.

My idea is to first boot with Swap Magic, and then try to boot with a burned ISO of either GS/AR/Codebreaker, and *then* boot Pro Evolution Soccer 2 -- but I'm unable to get either GS/AR/Codebreaker to boot using SM :-( Do you know if it's possible?

Thanks in advance!