CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:24 PM

Default need help with cpxmenux

sponsored links

ok i am having problems with panzer dragon orta and fatal frame working with cpxmenux i didnt my first one with buffy and dark angel and they work fine but when i tried it with panzer and fatal well panzer resets the system and fatal freezes on the loading screen is their a patch to make them work i think these are the full version of the game because their about 2gigs each is their another prog that can let me do this i just want a name not the prog i can find it myself thank you to any one that can help me
Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:40 PM
Veteran

No, that's the best prog. Try shortening your name for the directories. Use like F for Fatal Frame and P for Panzer. I find that for games that didn't work before, worked after.

There are couple threads on this. I have fatal frame with Splinter Cell on 1 Disc so I know Fatal can be put on multi.

Panzer has tons of files, so I just burned that using GDFImage for faster load time.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:57 PM

ill try that the folders were fatal and panzer so i will shorten them down to f and p ill post here if it worked thanks

this is how the config file looked before

TITLE=Fatal Frame
INFO=
GFX=fatal.png
DIR=fatal

TITLE=Panzer Dragoon Orta
INFO=
GFX=panzer.png
DIR=panzer

i am going to change it to

TITLE=Fatal Frame
INFO=
GFX=fatal.png
DIR=f

TITLE=Panzer Dragoon Orta
INFO=
GFX=panzer.png
DIR=p
to see if that works oh and i forgot i used xiso to make the iso could that be the problem or is that one a good prog to the first one that i did with it worked fine

Last edited by kanedadon; Feb 14, 2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 08:03 PM
Veteran

Ya, try that out. It's worked for me for games like House of the Dead3, Hitman 2, where it didnt work with DIR=HOD3 DIR=HITMAN2, but it works when I used DIR=H for those two games or H1, H2. etc

Just try it out on a DVD-RW.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 11:42 PM

i have tried it and i still get the same problem that it resets when i go to panzer and it freezes on Fatal Frame
Old Feb 15, 2003, 08:50 PM
Veteran

Do they work on there own? i.e. one game on one dvd. if not then could be something like you need beta patch...

I remember when i complied three games on a DVDrw and they worked, so i then burned the same files on a DVDr and one of the game didn't load(I havenít changed nothing)!!! Best advice is to burn one game per one DVDr, i mean your probably saving £££ on the ISOs you got elsewhere so why bother with spending time compiling just burn then individually and DVD blanks are getting cheap...