CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 18, 2003, 01:19 AM

Default Saturn questions

sponsored links

I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone know if an imported saturn from japan will play on an NTSC tv and plug into an american outlet? Also could it be modded to play import and us backups? thanks guys
Old Feb 18, 2003, 04:58 AM
Veteran

It'll play it just fine and no you don't need a mod to play import backups
Old Feb 18, 2003, 10:55 AM

um pretty certain you need a mod chip/board for this, never done it myself so not certain. they used to sell them at lik-sang not sure if they still do...
Old Feb 18, 2003, 12:58 PM
Veteran

A typical Stealth answer is almost always totally wrong. I think he's retarded or something. Just ignore everything that idiot says.

The Saturn has both regional and backup protection. Bypassing one doesn't bypass the other.
-To play backup's you'll need either a MOD chip or use a swap trick.
-To play games from other regions you'll either need to patch the game, install a region switch MOD in the saturn, or get a plug in cartridge that bypasses the regional protection.

Go here and read the FAQ's in the Miscellaneous section: ***********.litespeedcomputers.com/sx/
Old Feb 18, 2003, 02:52 PM
Veteran

Chipping a Saturn is a piece of pi$$, just plug the chip in and solder 4 wires. I done mine in less than 5 minutes. Don't bother using any swap techniques as it will kill you laser.

The region switching mod is pretty easy to do as well but if you don't fancy doing it then try and get hold of an action replay 4-in-1 if you can. This will let you play imports as well as act as a memory card for saved games and it works with games that need the 1MB expansion pack.

check this site out for more info on chipping and the 50/60hz mod:

***********.trsoft.demon.co.uk/saturn.htm
Old Feb 25, 2003, 06:12 AM

Hey 2die4, where I can get a Action Replay 4-in-1 ?