CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 18, 2003, 06:41 AM

Unhappy Printer problems

Can somebody please help.

I have a Pc operating Windows98, and bought a Lexmark X74 all-in-one printer. My previous printer was an Epson and was connected via normal printer leads.
The new printer uses USB port connections, so I bought the appropriate lead for connecting the printer to the PC. My PC has two USB ports, one which has a gamepad attached, and one which is not used.

I installed the printer using the CD supplied.
However...... something has gone wrong.

I tried to print from MS excel, and although it printed the first sheet, it then froze and would not print anything else. I re-booted the PC and it again printed one sheet and then no more. I have un-installed and re-installed the CD but to no avail.

An error message appeared when the printer started to print a document " Lexbces.exe"
The printer then stopped and printed nothing else.
After visiting the support site I was informed to create a shortcut in my start up folder to the Spool32.exe file, which I did, but again the printer would not print.
I have reversed this action, and now whenever I start my PC the following message appears:-

No ISDN devices were found. Please install an ISDN device and run the configuration wizard again.

Not too sure what this means, but the printer is still not printing.

Any advise would be greatfully appreciated.