CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 22, 2003, 09:56 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

True point, but if you read what they say about it on their web-site they say that it was tested on a V8 and works 100%... so they say anyway! If the results above are what they are calling 100% then I personally won't bother with it. Won't take long for the already proven Messiah2 to update their firmware for the V8 machine to be compatible.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Feb 22, 2003, 10:07 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

i think they already have done that - he said that they used a messiah 2 in the same machine and it booted as it should..

Nick
Old Feb 22, 2003, 11:03 AM

there is talk on the forum that the v8 laser has been altered by sony to not read DVDrs and should be adjusted
Old Feb 22, 2003, 01:02 PM
Veteran

Headhunter PAL DVD-R-------------------------RSOD

What does "RSOD" mean?

Any reviews of the DMS in older models like the V7 or V5/V6?

I saw on a UK installers site that Messiah 2 Pro does work with V8's. It was star-services.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 02:10 PM

barracuda

RSOD = Red Screen Of Death
Old Feb 23, 2003, 01:38 AM

new review by LOD on v5

DMS3 Review!
Console NTSC v5 w/050 Bios

The install was straight forward and took about an hour to do. First thing I updated the chip this went very easy for me I downloaded the file and burned the ISO with NERO. It took about 5 minutes total from download to burn to install. Not bad!

Observations: I did notice the PS2 takes a second or so longer to get video and sound and boot up. This may be the code the chip has to go through in order to start up correctly.
I was also able to boot DVD Movies by putting the chip in Sleep/Stealth mode.

Keep in mind this review was rushed to print in order to calm down the panic that has ensued upon PS2newz members about the DMS3. Also keep in mind it may be found later this chip has minor bugs. These are found by extensive testing on ALL versions and should be expected. As with ALL new chips for the PS2 this has happened. So stay calm and the coming weeks we will have the FULL results of DMS3 testing.

ALL DISKS ARE NTSC Except the DVD9
PS1 Original Sampler Disk --------------------------------------------------- Tested Working
PS1 Ready to Rumble 2 CDR -------------------------------------------------Tested Working
PS1 Tomba 2 CDR (Mod Protected) in PS1 Mode ------------------------ FAILED
PS2 Original CD Unreal Tournament ---------------------------------------- Tested Working
PS2 Original SSX Tricky DVD Game --------------------------------------- Tested Working
PS2 Metal Gear Solid 2 HK Silver ------------------------------------------- Tested Working
PS2 GT3 DVDR ---------------------------------------------------------------- Tested Working
PS2 DVD RIPS sometimes need a second tap of the reset after RSOD
PS2 SSX Tricky RIP Kalisto ----------------------------------------------------Tested Working
PS2 Tekken 4 RIP Kalisto ------------------------------------------------------ Tested Working
PS2 Spiderman the Movie Kalisto RIP --------------------------------------- Tested Working
PS2 The Thing Kalisto RIP ---------------------------------------------------- Tested Working
PS2 GT3 RIP Spun Down To RSOD ----------------------------------------- FAILED
PS2 Klonoa 2 CDR Unpatched EA Game ----------------------------------- Tested Working
PS2 Gran Turismo Concept DVD9 NTSC/J Original ---------------------- Tested Working
AR2 GS2 Support is enabled with codes Tested GTA3 DVDR
DVD Meet The Parents Movie Region 1 ---------------------Tested Working NO Skipping
DVDR Meet The Parents Movie Region 1 ------------------ Tested Working NO Skipping
DVD Region Free was not tested as if we care in the US.

LOD