CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 06, 2003, 01:05 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by DR69ON [/i]
[B]The Q has been crack in HK. Since the Q is able to read regular size dvd, some guys put the games on dVDR and ran it off. I remeber reading about this on gamers.com serveral months ago. [/B]
Suuuuure the "Q has been crack in HK." It's just amazing how nobody else seems to know about it. Everything you read on the internet is obviously going to be true.
Old Mar 06, 2003, 11:11 AM
Veteran

I have never heard of the "Q' being cracked and trust me this would be the first place i find out about it.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 09:12 PM

its rubbish - the Q has NO advanntage over the normal cube - The Q WILL NOT PLAY full size discs with the GAME lens - How the hell could the Q Play a game on a full size disc? it would be like putting a GCN game in a normal DVD player!
Old Mar 18, 2003, 06:24 PM
Veteran

You can put a gamecube game in a normal dvd player it would not do anything but it would fit. And the q does play normal size dvds.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 12:32 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by nolimit966 [/i]
[B]its rubbish - the Q has NO advanntage over the normal cube - The Q WILL NOT PLAY full size discs with the GAME lens - How the hell could the Q Play a game on a full size disc? it would be like putting a GCN game in a normal DVD player! [/B]
Maybe you should do a little research before you post. The Panasonic Q can play standard size DVD's and music CD's as well as Gamecube games. Theoretically, since the Q can use standard size media, once someone figures out to hack the gamecube you could just put the games onto regular size DVD-R's and play them back in the Q.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 01:48 AM
Veteran

What they were saying is that it uses a different laser to read regular media. Therefor it would not be that simple to get it to play a GC game off of a regular disc.