CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 23, 2003, 02:19 PM

Angry Why do all my audio CDs burn as "Unknown Album/Unknown Artist"?

Hi all.

I used to use EZCD Creator 5's "Soundstream" app to burn MP3's to audio discs that could be played in any CD player. The great thing about that prog was that it let you name the disc whatever you wanted, and it also added the name and artist of each song on the disc. The album and song info would then be displayed by the CD player.

I recently got a LiteOn burner which won't work with SoundStream, so I'm burning my audio CDs with Nero. The problem is that every disc I burn with Nero just shows up as "Unknown Album/Unknown Artist" and the individual songs as "Unknown Artist/Track #".

Is there some setting I'm missing in Nero to allow it to maintain the titles in burned discs, or do I have to get another burning program? If so, can anyone recommend a good [b]CHEAP[/b] or free program that can do this?

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2003, 02:27 PM
Veteran

have u clicked the cdtext box in nero
Old Feb 23, 2003, 02:53 PM

Yes, I just burned a test disc after making sure that CD-Text, and Disc-At-Once were checked, but still no difference.

If it matters I'm using Nero v 5.5.10.0
Old Feb 23, 2003, 04:07 PM
Veteran

I have the same problem. Both my burners can read & write CD text but when backing up a CD with Nero, WinonCD, or EZCD I have to type in the track details. I know they can both read & write text because if I do a CD copy I can see the track details on the burned CD when playing on my DVD player.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 05:39 PM
Veteran

In what program is the info being displayed as "Unknown Album/Unknown Artist"?
Not all player can read CD-Text.
Old Mar 02, 2003, 01:04 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by BlackDiamondJr [/i]
[B]In what program is the info being displayed as "Unknown Album/Unknown Artist"?
Not all player can read CD-Text. [/B]
In ALL of my CD playing software.

I used to use Windows' built in CD player to test the Title/Name function but even THAT displays them as "Unknown".