CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 26, 2003, 04:21 AM

Default Blocked from placing a reference - Why Gov?

sponsored links

I`m blocked from placing a reference on "Gov`s Ref`s" I wonder why. I only wanted to complain that I still haven`t had a replacement for a corrupted disc I bought from Gov 3 weeks ago! He promised to post me a replacement... still not arrived. Don`t worry now Gov, I`ve got it elsewhere, and won`t be trading with you again.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 07:01 AM

Default gov's untouchable

The man is a law unto his own Phil - gov will tell you he does not have faulty stuff he only sends out 100% working and checked.

I expect you will get a reply simular to the one I had when I dared to complain - he told me my readers and writers were not up to any good and I had to go and buy some new gear- yeah right gov yet another unhappy customer.

Your having another laugh gov - your trading attitude to members on this forum sucks man.

Deal with this trader at your peril he is a real pain in the butt.

dodger
Old Feb 26, 2003, 08:41 AM

Yeah... i remember your on-going slander match a few weeks ago Dodger... Should have took notice, I hope that a few more unhappy customers will have the balls to put up posts like us.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:20 AM

And believe me phil_806 there are many many.

dodger
Old Feb 26, 2003, 11:28 AM
Veteran

are we gonna have another saga lads.makes interesting reading.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 11:49 AM
Veteran

Never thought I'd see the day I would join in on a post like this, but I have had enough too. When I first joined this Forum, GOV gave me a lot of help in getting to know how things worked, how to set up posts, links etc, and I was very grateful, hence the reason why since then, and it has been commented on appreciatively by other Senior Members and Veterans, that I will help Newbies with their questions / problems as and when I can, or I refer them to the relevant website where they can obtain more info.
I also bought CD-R's / DVD's from Gov, and like many, there were problems opening some files. A particular one I remember was a Boyzone disc, where 2 tracks would not open at all. When I mentioned this to Gov, he suggested I leave them tracks out. Imagine a Boyzone Hits disc without
" No matter what", their hit at the time on it. So, as he was not offering to replace it, I just threw it away and bought the original, thinking that I'll be wary in future. Then I saw his post for complete set (a 6 disc set, I thought ) of Bright Spark. I duly NOCHEX'd my payment, but only received Vols 1-5. I queried this, to be told that number 6 was not out. I knew it was, I had the listing, and had seen it advertised as a Six Disc set on a web page ( Retail ). He asked me for the listings, so I sent them to him. I again today asked him about it, posted a comment of " Email sent" in his Bright Spark Vol 6 post.....he deleted the post. I have emailed him today again about it, and he tells me it is coming with his new Sunflys....48 days after I sent him the listings, I have still not been told whether he intends to send me it or not, so I have told him to leave it and have now advertised a post looking for it.
Dodger, Phil and others who have commented to me in email or MSN, I have to agree with you all, his business attitude leaves a lot to be desired, and I will no longer be recommending anybody to him any more. We all make the occasional mistake when burning, but it's so easy to do and rectify. I have done it myself, and replaced the discs concerned with apologies, never hurt either. Hopefully anybody that has had one of the very few unsatisfactory discs from me, would be kind enough to back up my statement. I remember one member left a comment on this in my References link, for all to see, which I was embarrassed about, but appreciated it, as I'd like people to be honest in their reference, good or bad, is what it's supposed to be.
GOV, you've lost me as a customer. Though you probably realised that, but never asked me why I never ordered any of your regular mailing list discs......I got fed up with the errors And your catchphrase that you use..." Are they error free???? " Try using it on yourself, because your discs were NOT error free.

Right, I am climbing down off of my soapbox now, sorry to have to have written this about somebody I really did hold in high regard at one time. No longer.

Alan