CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 28, 2003, 12:31 AM

Question X2L and XB Live

sponsored links

If I have this chip will I still be able to go online? If not how can I. I have been wanting this chip bad. Please reply. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!
Old Mar 01, 2003, 02:38 AM
Veteran

Yes you will still be able to go online but only after you install a switch that turns the X2 Lite off. There are tutorials on this at www.xbox-scene.com or you can search the forums there as plenty of people have asked this question and got a lot of responses. You will have to turn the X2 Lite off before you log-on and you will have to play XB Live with original discs and not backups (since the modchip is turned off). I believe you have to flip the switch while your xbox is off and then turn it on and go online. Whatever you do don't forget to get to shut it off before going on XB Live or you will be banned. I don't use XB Live but I do have an X2 Lite and the chip is awesome. I hope this helps
Old Mar 04, 2003, 11:53 AM

Yeah he is right. Make sure you turn it off before turning the system on. Also if you dont want to install a switch you can use a free service called XBCconnect. Its pretty good. I use it with no problems, and best of all you can use your BURNT games on it.
Old Mar 06, 2003, 04:52 AM

and if you don't want to install external switches but use your power button to disable, enable your x2 lite (or cheaplpcs) the guys at foundmy.com have an addon device.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 04:29 AM
Veteran

Wait so XBOXCONNECT will allow you to play with backups and without turning off your chip? What are the limitations of XBOXCONNECT.
Old May 18, 2003, 03:30 AM

only a handfull of games are supported, and if Halo isnt your favorite game you going to have a hard time joining a game to join.