CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 09, 2003, 09:18 AM

sponsored links

so then, how do you make a multi?
Old Mar 09, 2003, 01:18 PM

Come on guys someone must have a guide on creating multi movies.

I have searched various forums but come up with no method of doing this

someone please tell us how its done

Old Mar 09, 2003, 01:56 PM
Veteran

Come on take a little look around will you?

A guide to multi movies is not whats needed to get you started.

Start small, look for postings ortutorials regarding re-encoding/ downsampling.

There are many tools and why you dont see one big guide is because most people prefer to use their own methods.
I for 1 use
DVD Decrypter
DVD2Avi
Avisynth
Bitrate Viewer
CCE Guesser
CCE
Pulldown (if movie is NTSC)
Spruceup
IFOEdit (to return the AR back on Widescreen movies)
I suspect any one of these tools could be replaced with something else to alter the proceedure.... it's just whatever you feel comfortable learning.

CCE for example looked very daunting at the start, but once you scrape away at it it's childs play. Others however might prefer TMPGenc over this.
The possabilities are endless.

Learn the video aspect of re-encoding and everything else will fall into place. There is lots of good advice on both this forum and over at Doom. If you cant find what you're looking for here/there then yo are probably going to struggle.

My advie is go with CCE it's extremely good at getting high quality movies out at even very low bitrates.

2x 1Hr.30 m movies will yield unbelievable results and even a total of say 4Hr 30m should be very respectable
Old May 20, 2003, 05:00 PM

OK. how about posting idots guide on how how 2 do a multi movie DVD-r anybody ???
Old May 21, 2003, 09:59 AM

Firstly you'll need your movies in a DVD acceptable format. So you may need to re-encode the original file. See Doom or dvdrhelp for guides.

Then you need to author your DVD formatted movies in something like Spruceup, DVD Maestro, etc. Again see those sites on guides how to do it.
The menus can be a bit daunting but if you use something like DVD Wokshop which has a nice front end its easy.

Make sure when authoring that the overall size will fit onto a DVD, or alternatively 'write' the DVD to your hard disk and then use something like DVD2One to compress the entire thing so it'll fit.

Not quite an idiot's guide , but with a bit of reading its fairly simple. Don't try putting too many movies on a disk or the quality really starts to suck, I limit myself to 2, sometimes 3.

Last edited by longbow69; May 21, 2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old May 21, 2003, 10:40 AM
Veteran

I do 2 more more per dvd alot, I use a panasonic e30. Select LP mode (4 hours). e30 creates the menu for 2 flicks automatically & you can of course, label them.