CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:52 AM

sponsored links

I downloaded it last night from a newsgroup (you can guess which one)

Its a working rip of bleemcast, but working is a relative term.... Its not locked to any game, it will load any PSX game but ive only found a few that work. Ridge Racer 4 (JAP) plays very well, and i hear GT2 works great. Tekken 3 will work minus some textures but MGS wont play (i havent confirmed these) ALL FMV movies are messed up, but if u can get past them, the game usually loads. Wild Arms 2 plays without any glitches that i could see, but it was very slow, like 5 frames a second. Couldnt get Twisted Metal 2 to work (DAMN IT). Both ff7 and ff8 had messed up FMVs, it might play if u let it get past them, but i doubt it.

heres the included instructions/nfo

Quote:
[i]bleemcast.nfo[/i]
[B]Burn with DiscJuggler, tell DiscJuggler NO when it asks if you want to repair the image.
Yes it plays backups.
No it doesnt work with all games, some games have graphical errors.
Yes its self booting.
Yes this is a beta, bleemcast.
This is the BLUE version.
Just in case you're wondering about the other 4 versions/colors of bleemcast... the person who cracked it found they are all identical.

Props to the folks that made this happen![/B]
Old Mar 11, 2003, 12:19 PM

Hacker999, I will send the file to your email.
It's only 360K
Old Mar 11, 2003, 01:23 PM

No joy with diskjuggler 4(the latest version], prog just crashes,Communist which version of djuggler did you use ?
Old Mar 11, 2003, 02:14 PM

Thanks sonik_br

I just burned it. I burned it with DiiscJuggler 3.5. I tried a few games. It works wondefully for a beta. It also works well with anything that is 3D. It has problem displaying 2D backgrounds though. Also, any type of Full Motion Video is displayed all screwed up.

With the games that are playable, there is one minor problem. There is no select, L2, & R2 buttons. So if a game requires these buttons, you are screwed.

Street Fighter Zero (Unplayble due to the 2D backgrounds not visible)
Resident Evil 1 (Works well but the majority of 2D backgrounds are not visible. The 3D character models look great though.)
Resident Evil 2 (Same problem as part 1. The game looks like the actual DC version of RE2. One problem that this game has that part 1 does not is slowdown.)
MegaMan Legends (Works very well. Almost too good. Only problem with this game is that sometimes random sounds are played for about 1 second. And usually when a person speaks, their last word of cut off. But besides that, excellent. No slowdown either)
MegaMan X5 (Works good in actual gameplay, just a few graphics errors. Random sound effect are played evry few seconds. No slowdown. The intro is never played though, goes straight to the title screen)
Tekken 3 (Very slow, missings back grounds, but runs.)
Castlevania Symphony of The Night (Appears to work at first but when you are at the title screen and press start, it freezes)

Go to my Yahoo briefcase if you want it.
[b]sorry you cant post that here[/b]

If this is not allowed let me know. And if it isn't anyone that wants it email me at [email]hacker3nine@yahoo.com[/email]

Last edited by mitsu50; Mar 12, 2003 at 06:13 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 02:21 PM

I never thought I'd see this day. I'm having so much fun testing games. Many thanks goes to the person that cracked it and the creators of bleem!
And a crapload of hate mail to sony for taking this away from us.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 04:28 PM

Arg...keeps resetting after the SEGA screen for me. Anyone else having this problem?