CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 17, 2003, 10:08 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

thanks ill go look about thta matrix chip, sounds good. thanks for all the replies!
Old Mar 17, 2003, 10:17 AM
Veteran

ok i found the matrix no solder at www.easybuy2000.com i know their reliable coz ive ordered from them before. it says it plays import games but doesnt mention backups does it play bcakups? and where do i get a flash bios from?

Easybuy-This chip will allow you to play all import games in US, JAP and PAL format. The chip will be shipped unflashed (for legal reasons). Please flash with your own bios software.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 10:36 AM
Veteran

i think for legal reasons - they cant mention "back-ups"
just a thought tho
Old Mar 17, 2003, 12:14 PM
Veteran

ok im gonna get this matrix chip but is it compatible with xbox live and xbox connect?
Old Mar 18, 2003, 02:08 AM
Veteran

Like the other it must be turned off and the last time I heard the Matrix chipe was out of stock. Go with the X2 Lite as it has a pre-flashed bios and it is cheaper (Take a look at the number of posts here and elsewhere where people are having trouble with screwed up bios flashes). Don't think that just becuase it is no solder that it will just pop in and not give you any further trouble.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:38 AM

Yes the matrix does play backups, you can also play it on xbox live without the need for a switch (mode 3 on matrix, boot xbox & restart it which *should* disable the chip (should flash red?)).

The bios is easy to flash via LPC programmer (connected to PC) & even easier to flash when you have it plugged in (bios image on hd & select flash from evox dash, takes a few seconds and then done!). The bios images are quite hard to find on the net as they are "illegal", best place to look is on irc in one of the homebrew channels (mail me if you want to know where).