CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 95
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 23, 2003, 07:35 AM
Veteran

Question Problem installing MS Office 97? [Mine; P11 ; win95b]

sponsored links

After installing MS office i can't open any of the office programmes. I get an error messages saying something like; Cannot find all of the libraries, make sure the path is corect, try opening it from where it was installed? Can't remember it exactly, but that's the jist of it. Also if I try to install office 2000, it starts to install then then hangs, after about half an hour of waiting for the blue line to go along to show that's it's been installed I abort the operation. It should only take a couple of minutes, so I think something's wrong & abort.
Also the keyboard on this ps is set up as English (US). I'm trying to change it to English (British). I won't let me do that either, so I'm wondering if the two things are connected.
Steeve.
Old Mar 23, 2003, 04:53 PM
Veteran

Well installing Office2K on Win 95 ... is that even possible? hehe anyway, it would seem your links to the Office programs are invalid. Try going in through Win Explorer and seeking out the EXEs for each of the respective programs and see if they work from there. If so, easy enough to fix the links in the Start menu, etc.

On another note ... it's 2003 m8. Most new programs won't even run properly, if at all, on Win 95. Run out and get yourself a copy of Win 2K or XP and I promise you're computing life will be happier place.
Old Mar 23, 2003, 05:39 PM
Veteran

I know what you're saying, but it's not my pc, it's my girlfriends and she only really uses it for the net and a bit of word pro, so no spending hundreds on software I'm afraid. I tried opening them up from explorer but got the same message. Thanks for the help.
Stevie.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 02:04 PM
Veteran

Nobody?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 02:34 PM
Veteran

Un-install Office completely and delete the 'office' keys in registry (run regedit, and you'll find entries for office under local computer and current user in software, microsoft).

Then try your install again. Office 2000 will work on 95 by the way.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 02:51 PM
suspended

Except Office10 (Office XP), Office 2000 and earlier Office versions will run successfully on Windows 95. For running Office 97 on Win95, you'll need a minimum of 8MB RAM for each Office application that you run simultaneously. I don't have good memory to remember this. I just installed O97 on my cousin's old laptop last week.

Stevie, you may need to copy the O97 installation files to a folder on HD then run setup from there if space allows.