CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 25, 2003, 05:15 PM

sponsored links

there seems to be a bit of a scam going on in the industry then in my eyes......i bought this optorite in manchester (europa computers) and on the box it actually says it supports cdg....in the booklet it states quite clearly it reads and writes cdg......been on golden hawk site looked at the supported writers bit and it says it supports it(cdr win) it doesnt ! some cheap way of getting karaoke minded people to buy a product in my eyes......it works great as a writer (audio) with nero that it came with but thats it.....clone wont have it, juggler wont have it,cdr win wont have it,win on cd 5 wont have it......well slapped or what !
Old Mar 25, 2003, 06:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by oxocubeman [/i]
[B]Am I confused here? The aforesaid BTC writer will NOT read cdg discs that you have ripped using the previously refered to BTC drive, nothing new there then, nothing cheap reads them, stick to the Plextor. [/B]
Yep Your confused m8.
Its Simple.....I "READ" and "WROTE" a CDG on the BTC drive (using "CloneCD"), but the software i was using to play it back with (WinCDG Pro2) wouldnt recognise the drive (maybe its an old version of software), so i put the Ripped cdg disc in my HP drive (which is recognised by the software) and it played...which means the BTC READ and WROTE the Original Disc Successfully !
hope that clears it up easier for ya m8.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:58 AM
Veteran

I can copy a cd with clonecd using my LG writer and play the copied cd on my karaoke player, sega saturn, dvd player but NOT with my LG writer that wrote it, so my LG will NOT read cdg discs, no matter what software I use.I have tried to get confirmation in the past in the same way regarding liteons but they behave exactly the same way apparently. You may be correct regarding a software problem but a problem it is, if I bot a BTC to read cdg discs would I be disappointed or not?
Old Mar 26, 2003, 06:08 AM
Veteran

for 45 quid how can u be dissapointed
Old Mar 26, 2003, 08:07 PM
Veteran

again..............read.......write.......play.... ... are three different functions, if a burner can copy a disc it must be able to read and write CD+G, this does not mean it can also play CD+G, separate read and play oxo mate, it might be a little easier. rhythm's burner can read and write.........but not play
Old Mar 26, 2003, 08:14 PM
Veteran

thanx Vinnie :-) ...it basically means it may have problems reading "bin" files with cdrwin...but it will make a perfect copy of a Karaoke CDG Disc, using clonecd.....therefore for 45 quid its a good deal :-)
(remember 1 day your plextor will stop playing the game and give up on you..allways good to have a back up)....lol