CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 29, 2003, 05:29 PM

sponsored links

I tried cloning champ manager 4 and it didnt work, cloney xll says its protected with securom new (cant remember the version but it was 4.****) I then tried your method "TheCheekyMonkey" and its worked perfectly, I used a Liteon 32x writer to burn the data with Nero

Thanks for the info
Old Mar 30, 2003, 12:15 AM
Veteran

Anyone who is having problems might want to try reading the CD to an image and then using WinISO or UltraISO to replace the EXE within it.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 03:24 AM

thanks very much P J , , it may be worth using the celtic druids method, but mine worked fine, just copyed the contents under explorer,
Old Mar 30, 2003, 04:29 AM
Veteran

how do you do that mate??

thanks
Old Mar 30, 2003, 05:41 AM

Ok spursman hereís how I did it
Put the cm4 game into cd writer and exit it if it starts to autorun
Make a new folder in say My Documents (call it cm4) to store the game on your hard drive. Double click on My Computer and then right click on your cd writer and select explore you should now see the files on the cm4 cd. Highlight the first file and then press Ctrl and A to select all the files right click and select copy. Then open cm4 folder in My Documents and right click and select paste this should copy all the files from the cm4 cd to your harddrive.
Now to apply the patch that you downloaded to do that I just double click the winrar file to open it then you click the extract to button in winrar navigate to the cm4 folder in My Documents and click ok you get a message that the file already exists and do you want to overwrite it click yes.
Now all you have to do is copy it all to disk using Nero I used Nero wizard to make a data disk.
Open Nero and if the wizard donít start automatically click wizard the first box that opens should be cd ticked click next tick compile a new cd click next tick data cd click next tick Create a new data-cd click next again and then finish. Now find your cm4 folder and open it so you see all the files in the far right hand box select all the files and drag them over to the left hand side under new, click the burn button and you should end up with a working copy of Champ Manager 4

Hope It Works For You
Old Mar 30, 2003, 07:01 AM
Veteran

where did u get the patch from??