CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 05, 2003, 08:49 PM

Default Mouse Not working properly....

sponsored links

Hi,

I Can click things like the start menu, buttons, and everything else with 1 click and they open/work, but when i double click on icons it does NOTHING....I Have to right click My Computer and then press Open just to open it....
Its not a faulty mouse because ive tried 2 of them.

Also, my computer has been freezing when doing simple things, like moving the mouse around in photoshop, and stuff like that......
Playing MP3's, and minimizing the window makes the song skip for about a second....Its acting as if it doesnt have alot of ram, But i have 368mb Sdram and arou nd 50% of that is always free, so i dont know whats going on.

Can Any1 help ?
Thanx..
Old Apr 05, 2003, 11:09 PM
Veteran

This option is somewhere in the Mouse menu, from the control pannel. I can not tell you the locaction of the option because my menu is totally different because of the drivers..
Old Apr 05, 2003, 11:51 PM
Veteran

Ya... Control Panel -> Mouse -> Double Click Speed. Adjust the speed of Double Click here and you can test the same over animation/ image provided adjacent to it.

Well, freezing of mouse and then entire system in PhotoShop is not something related to mouse and its drivers neither RAM or Cache Setting option of PhotoShop itself. I am facing the identical problem with PhotoShop 5.5 and all the above versions. Only V 5.0 is smooth for me. Still finding out the possible reason(s). All this is happening with 512 MB of RAM as well as optimized Vcache and Swap settings of Windows. Swap utilization is Zero and amount of free physical RAM is 70%. Even changing the Colour depth and screen resolution has not helped me. "Hang" is noticed even when working with single layer B/W image.
Old Apr 06, 2003, 01:30 AM

lol I Shoulda checked the Double Click speed......that was the problem...But i never changed it, So i have NO idea why it changed itself.
But that problems fixed now...Thanx

Its not just photoshop that does it...other programs do it too but thats the main one....i dont see what could be causing the problem