CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 11, 2003, 04:38 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by ken_master [/i]
[B]there also something i want to know. I just make a iso of a GC game. It about 1.3 gig. I use a program to open the ps2 and psx iso image and I can see the file but not GC game iso. Even though I make a iso image of GC game and with out seeing the file will it work.
have anyone try that yet. [/B]
You wouldn't see the iso, you would see the files in the iso. If you did manage to rip it, it's most likely a null image...all junk data to fool you into thinking you have a good iso.

Boot discs are released all the time for almost every system...but 99.5% of the time they are fake. Just some lamers that like making ppl burn a lot of coasters.
Old Apr 12, 2003, 12:37 PM

yep - clone cd is for CDs NOT Dvds anyway - it wouldnt create a succesfull image even if it did work - BTW it will be a blank ISo as barracuda says - open it up using win hex edit a or compress it with winzip - you see a 1.5Gig file compress down to 50k or somthing
Old Apr 12, 2003, 12:40 PM

it wonder why it would be expensive - i dunno about the barcode thing
Old Apr 12, 2003, 03:05 PM

Companies like front fareast must have invested lots of cash back in the days of super magicom and wildcard for the snes and megadrive. People were willing to pay hundreds of pounds to allow them to play backups. I dont think the situation has changed so I dont agree that it could be too expensive.

Datel managed it and they are knocking out the freeloader at less than 20 pounds per copy.

On a side note, those people who have removed the top off their gamecube and seen it reading the barcode, does anyone know if it does it again when you put the game disc in after booting freeloader/ar?

I suppose its possible that the data on the dvd could be encrypted based on the barcode so it would be necessary to read it to run the game.
Old Apr 12, 2003, 08:47 PM

no - its not encrypted - its just a special type of disc - it IS dvd but there is data missing from the begining of the disc were a normal dvd lens would read first. meaning when you insert it into your pc it sees nothing on the disc. Id fork out a couple of hundred (200) to play GCN backups! i had a windcard 32x and a doctor 64 and they were both great devices - although i dont agree with ripping off Nintendo i do like to have a huge game collection
Old Apr 13, 2003, 05:09 PM

How do you know its not encrypted?