CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 07, 2003, 06:33 AM

Default 2 questions

sponsored links

Q1: As some of you know I build my first pc a month or so ago, but what i've notice is that sometimes when I restart my pc it loads up so "SLOW" like nearly 4 to 5 min instead of what i've seen it go at sometimes, and i'm sure you can relize how annoying this can be when you clucking to use your pc !!! So if anyone could shead anylight on this be much appreciated. THANX !!

Q2: I've just built my m8 a pc (don't laugh ), it all seem to be going great, i've been using it last night to check it out as best as I can. Now there is a modem installed but he had no driver, I don't know the name or model of the modem only that it's a normal 56k modem. So does he need to buy a new one with the driver or is it possible that xp or a particular site might be able to locate the particular diver for this device ?
Old Apr 07, 2003, 06:46 AM
Veteran

1: Have you got a NIC (network card) installed? If you have and you're not using it either disable it or take it out of the machine. Also you should run scandisk, defrag, an *up-to-date* virus scanner. Check for programs running in the background (ctrl-alt-del). If there are you can use [url=***********.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/regcleaner.shtml]Regcleaner to get rid of some of them. You may need to edit some programs out of the registry manually. You should also use regcleaner to clean the registry!

2: Open the PC up and look at the make and model on the board then do a search on google for the manufacturer and download the drivers from the site.