CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 08, 2003, 12:44 PM
Veteran

Question Getting a Matrix and have a couple of Q's

sponsored links

Okay, I've followed the scene since it started really. Only just managed to get an XBox though and I'm getting a MOD shortly. I can't solder but I want to put the MOD in myself. So I'm going for the Matrix (Anyone who is gonna say 'get this MOD, get that MOD' can stop right here and close the post. I don't wanna know!). Now I've done research on it and know it needs a BIOS (Which I have, EVO2.5).

Now this is really my main question. I have all the software for flashing it, and believe the chip comes with the parallel port programmer, but say something happens. Like the flash is bad, or something fails part way, or the BIOS image is corrupt. What will happen? If I put it in the Box, will it mess it up? Or can I take the chip back out, put it in the programmer and re-flash?

Also, anyone know how to add the switch to the chip for XBox Live? Just something I was thinkin about and feel the need to do. Doesn't matter if it can't have the switch though.

Thanks for any help guys, just wanna be sure!
Old Apr 09, 2003, 02:15 PM
Veteran

Okay I realize that you have your mind made up on this chip HOWEVER, I would like to point out that the people who distribute the Matrix Chip (EB2K) are having some serious problems with filling and shipping orders, hence the other places who are selling them are also having trouble filling orders. A number of members over at X-S have waited quite a while to get the Matrix chip. Anyways with that said, If you give your chip a bad flash you can try reflashing it again. There is always the potential of frying your XBOX if you REALLY screw things up (yes, even with a no-solder mod) but not very likely. Yes, I believe you can install a switch for the Matrix so that you can do XBL.
Old Apr 09, 2003, 03:58 PM
Veteran

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was hearing about the supply problems. The thing is, I could get an Xecutor with the pogo pin adapter but it almost doubles the cost. So I shall keep trying to get the Matrix and see what happens. If I have to wait, I will either try and get someone else to do the chip (Not easy in Scotland!) or I will think more about getting the Xecutor.

Thanks again for the info!
Old Apr 09, 2003, 07:39 PM

This tells how to install on off switches and leds (i highly recommend installing the leds also, it only takes 1 time to forget and bye bye no more xbox live) it does involve soldering, maybe get a friend to do it for u.
***********.xbox-scene.com/articles/matrix-switches.php
Old Apr 09, 2003, 09:15 PM
Veteran

I know that you are going to hate me for saying this Memphis but, it's something to consider in the way of cost. The X2 Pro comes with a switch pre-installed so the cost differential isn't quite as much as you think it is.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 07:23 AM
Veteran

Ok, I'll look into it. When I said I didn't want to hear from people saying get different MOD's, I was meaning the people who don't think about what they are saying and say 'this is better just because it is!'. So thanks again for your help, and I'll look into the X2 Pro. I was actually thinking more now on buying an X2 Lite with the pogo adapter. I take it the Pro will also fit the adapter and would it actually be possible to add the switch to the Lite? The reason behind it is A) cost but more importantly B) I don't feel I need the power of the Pro.

Thanks again guys! Keep the info and opinions comming.