CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 02, 2011, 06:49 PM

Talking >>>Solution Found<<<

sponsored links

[B]>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOLUTION FOUND<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[/B]
Error : "Cannot delete Avatar.flv : It is being used by another person or program."
Possibly the file might be used by "explorer.exe" or if you guess any other program. what ever, you'll need to End Task that program and then Delete file. Most of time this trick works.

Follow the process to do so...

1. press "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" or open "task manager" and End task "explorer.exe"
(Hope you know how to End Task explorer.exe)
2. Now click on "File">> "new task" or press [B]"windows + R"[/B] and type in [B]"cmd"[/B] or open command prompt by your own usual way.
3. Point to the file directory from command prompt and delete it using command "Del <file name>"
4. Once you delete the file then start Explorer.exe using the same way you start command prompt. that is "Windows + R" and type "explorer.exe"

That's it.

[I]How to point to the file in command prompt.

Say if your file location is [B]"D/User/Movies/Avatar.flv"[/B]

In command prompt type in the following sequence;

D: <hit Return/Enter>
User.. <hit Return/Enter>
Movies.. <hit Return/Enter>
Del Avatar.flv <hit Return/Enter>
This will delete your Avatar.flv located at "D/User/Movies/" directory.[/I]

Hope you have your solution now.This is my first post on this forum so please guys, i am sorry if i did any mistake.
And enjoy this way to delete your file. Happy posting. Cheers
Closed Thread