CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 09, 2002, 10:33 AM

Unhappy Problems with software recognising CDRW drive

sponsored links

I have a brand new PC with an LG 8160 CDRW and am running XP home edition, and have tried Easy CD creator 5, nero and NTI burning software and none of them recognise the drive to write to it.
Easy CD creator mentions CreatorAPI file in the error message.
The drive is fine for reading from and I've tried deactivating and reactivating it but it's still no good.
Does this sound like a knackered drive or could there be a more simple answer to this problem?

Any advice would be appreciated

Last edited by djrays; Feb 09, 2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2002, 11:38 AM
Veteran

welcome to the forum.dont take this the wrong way but if you have anew pc the writer must have had oem software usually nero pre installed with your new pc
and they should have this software working on the pc.did the new pcs writer ever work with the software which should have been preinstalled.more information on your pc please.only if it never has burnt acd then i would get onto the company or person who put the pc together.if it has worked before then give us more info inwhat you have done.colin
Old Feb 09, 2002, 07:11 PM
suspended

Thumbs up

Colin is spot-on m8, but if you are not using OEM software you best visit the Roxio and NTI sites for the latest update. Your EZCD V5 should be running at "V5.02d" and the fab NTI CD maker Pro should be "V5.1.3".

Hope this sorts it for you.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 06:53 AM

Thanks guys and sorry I've only just replied......server problems.
It had EASY CD 4 installed originally but when it didn't work to be begin with, I thought it was because the software was not compatible with XP which is true. Then they sent me NTI and I still had problems and again I thought there was a compatibility issue. I next tried Nero V4 and still had problems so tried EASY CD 5 platinum and each time the problem was the same i.e. the software could find no CDRW drive to writ to.

It has never burnt and I have spoken to the company who supplied the PC (Polar Tecnology in Cheshire) and they reckon it's a software problem and they are going to send me the most up to date version of Nero 5.5.7.2 I think so we'll see.

I still reckon the drive is faulty though but thanks for your help anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 08:03 AM
Veteran

Default problems with software recognising

well they should have supplied aworking writer which worked with the software installed.now the new nero will work with vertually all drives,if that doesnot work i would ask for them to look at your pc.easycd5 platinum with the updated drivers for xp should have worked on your pc,something not right.colin
Old Feb 11, 2002, 12:32 PM

I know they're doing my head in. Nero should be with me in the next couple of days then I'll found out for definate
Cheers