CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 11, 2003, 06:53 AM
Veteran

Default Firewall on a network help

sponsored links

Bascailly when i run the firewall i cant use another system to access the internet, so what do i need to do to make me be able to use the internet connection from the system with teh firewall on.
Im using zone alaram btw
Old Apr 11, 2003, 11:03 PM
Veteran

Hi

If you wish to use Zonealarm I believe you will have to use the Pro version.

In the firewall/main settings click on the advanced button and select, either, this computer is an ICS/NAT gateway or this computer is a client of an ICS/NAT gateway running Zonealarm

Last edited by Demo; Apr 11, 2003 at 11:12 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2003, 04:50 AM
Veteran

Hi 8210, the free version of zonealram does allow you to use a network, but basiacally you you have give the other computer ip addresses .

Your best bet is using the tutorial, there is something there about home networks/ internet connection sharing, but off the top of my head i think you click on the firewall settings and there are two tabs for the two "zones"- internet and trusted- if you click on trusted i you can specify the ip address of all your other computers-

in zone alram pro- it automatically recognises the fact you're on a network.