CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 12, 2003, 07:34 AM

Default any the no solder mods any good for the xbox?

sponsored links

tia
Old Apr 12, 2003, 12:57 PM

The matrixis fine if you line it up right, and the xcuter 2 with pogo pins adapter is great also. Its not really the modchip, they all work, its the bios you flash it with.

The easist to use is probably the matrix
Old Apr 12, 2003, 02:50 PM
Veteran

Yeah it is all with the bios that you flash it with. One thing to keep in mind though is that in addition to getting either the Matrix or the X2 with pogo-pin adapetor lined up you also have the risk of them comming unaligned again. Some people install either the Matrix or X2 with pogos with no hassle and never have to worry about realigning them but others can spend quite a bit of time lineing the chips up and then having to realign them after the slightest bump. I'm just saying you could have one of the easiest installs of your life or you could have a very frustrating experience with them. It is a bit of a gamble and that's one of the reasons why so many recommend either soldering the chip in or getting a trusted installer to do it for you. I don't regret once getting someone to put my X2 Lite in as they did a fantastic job and I never have to worry about cracking it open again to realign the chip since it was soldered in correctly. Just my 2 cents.
Old Apr 12, 2003, 06:51 PM
Veteran

what if you were to install the no solder type of chip and then hot glue it in place? Wouldn't that be an easy solution to the pins falling out of place
Old Apr 12, 2003, 07:54 PM

that could work, but if one of the pins came lose in the hot glue, u would have to remove the hot glue from the board, which is a pain.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 03:47 AM
Veteran

Well over at XBOX-SCENE they strongly recommend not to use something like hot glue and lets face it if you are able to put hot glue down with out screwing anything up on your mobo or modchip then you can solder. In otherwords if you are going to go through that kind of hassle you might as well solder the chip in.