CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 14, 2003, 05:43 PM

Default !!!! CD drives do not work, big problem, no OS HELP!!!

sponsored links

Ok I have 2 HD and 2 CD drives (DVD drives). I am installing windows 2k on my home PC. I formated both drives (I had a lot of problems) and I went to try to reinstall windows 2k again. Now the boot form the cd won't work. I had some boot disks so I put them to work. Then It says incert windows 2k disk. It is in and it doesn't read it?!?!?! Bios reconizes it being there but I can not read form them?!?! So I have no OS and no cd drive.... WTF do i do to get my cd drive working again??!?? PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 07:56 PM
Veteran

The CD might not be bootable. Not all of them are, my neighbor has a non-bootable W2K CD. Make sure the jumpers on the optical drives are properly set (master/slave). Avoid using CS (cable select). Check your BIOS to make sure the IDE controller with the optical drives are enabled. Force and ESCD in the BIOS. Try the CD in both drives.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 08:17 PM

My win 2k disk is bootable. I used it before but had problems with it... As in my other post.

***********.cdrom-guide.com/cgi/Ultimate.cgi/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242135&highlight=partit ion
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:16 PM
Veteran

Is your bios setup to boot from the CD-ROM Drive?
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:45 PM

Never mind I figured it out. And yes it was set to boot from the CD in BIOS. Thanks!