CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 17, 2003, 09:08 AM
Veteran

Angry How do I block this spy program?

sponsored links

According to Ad-Aware v5.83, I have a spy program on my computer. If I delete the cookie, it just keeps reappearing all the time. I’ve tried blocking it in IE using the ‘Block’ setting under ‘Privacy’, but it still gets through.

Here’s the Ad-Aware .log file:-

Started file scan
==================
Doubleclick file:C:\Documents and Settings\jesshart\Cookies\jesshart@doubleclick[1].txt

File scan result:
Suspicious files found:1

How do I block jesshart@doubleclick[1].txt and stop it all together?

Please help if you can.

Jessica
Old Apr 17, 2003, 09:46 AM

there is no spy program.. from what i see you have a cookie.. you have to clear history of IE delete all cookies, and do not go on that page again..

i think that you can install ad aware full, not the free version and this program has a monitoring tool if you want.. (like NAV for the virus)

hth..
Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:45 PM
Veteran

And download Adaware 6.0, its much better...
Old Apr 17, 2003, 01:28 PM
Veteran

i used adware until i discovered spybot search & destroy.much better than adware & its free
Old Apr 17, 2003, 03:35 PM
Veteran

Hi Kalimero,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the ‘Doubleclick’ cookie must be something to do with Freeserve (my ISP). It appears every time I connect to the internet, before I visit any other page. Even Ad-Aware v6.0 Pro reports it as a suspicious file. At the moment I’m deleting it every few minutes. There must be some way of blocking this particular cookie. I don’t want to block all cookies, there are one or two I need (the one for CDROM-Guide for example).

It’s a pain in the BUM!

Cheers,

Jessica
Old Apr 17, 2003, 06:51 PM
Veteran

Hi Homevideo,

Where can I get hold of Spybot? Does it block cookies?

Let me know.

Jessica