CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 22, 2003, 06:08 AM

Default Matrix Chip - Where from & how much ?!

sponsored links

OK Ive just bought an XBox and Ive been offered locally to get it chipped for 50 including chip. Im not sure which chip it is yet but the store is literally just up the road so I can pop in and ask them face to face / see it working etc so this route is kinda tempting.....

However, I also like the sound of the Matrix simply because it doesnt involve soldering anything to my XBOX - so if copy protection etc is improved in the future I can always reinvest in a more up to date chip and simply remove the Matrix.

So where is the best/cheapest place to get a Matrix chip from ? Im in the UK and so far have seen them on easybuy for $59 but Im sure I heard of someone else based over in the US who sold them pre-flashed for slightly cheaper !

Anyone help ?!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 05:11 PM

If nothing else you can get one at mods4less.com for $49.99. That's a $9 savings.
Old May 12, 2003, 05:04 PM
Veteran

40 quid mate