CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 29, 2003, 03:27 PM
Veteran

Default Universal Game Zone 5.1 Speaker System

sponsored links

does any one have these?

i just have one simple question. do the speakers come with factory set speaker wire lengths? or can i cut my own speaker wire to the length i need?

i ask because right now i have "logic 3" speaker system for my ps2, xbox etc.. and the speakers have cords that are only like 5' long. i dont want to have to cut & splice speaker wires. i am hoping they are like stereo speakers, you know, where you push in the button, then stick in the speaker wire, then release the button to lock the wire in.

here is a link to the speakers mentioned in the subject line above (Universal Game Zone 5.1 Speaker System)
***********.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801441

thanks for any help you can provide

(mods - if this isnt the right spot to ask - please move this to the appropriate forum, thanks)
Old Apr 29, 2003, 07:47 PM

I have the Game Zone 4.1 speakers and they're the same exact thing except they have one less speaker and a smaller sub. However, I think it's a great system for the price! With the 5.1, you won't get true 5.1... That's only if you use it with a PC with a 5.1 sound card or something. It does not have optical in, so no 5.1 for XBox. It still sounds good, though. Also, the speaker wire is factory length, but you can still cut & splice (even though you said you don't wanna do that. There's another solution, though. They plug into the subwoofer and they use an RCA jack, so you can go to Radioshack and get some RCA extension cables for cheap... Here's the final word: If you don't care about getting 5.1, but want a good system for the price, this system is for you. I hope that helps.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 07:38 AM
Veteran

thanks scott - thats cool - i'll just get some rca extensions

looks like i'll be getting some new speakers then

thanks again
Old Apr 30, 2003, 08:18 AM

No problem.
-Scott