CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 01, 2003, 11:52 AM

Thumbs up NEW Xbox limited edition Vs Original xbox, which do u prefers?? And WHY?

sponsored links

Anyone have any comments on the new release of the limited edition (GREEN xbox)?? Over the original (BLACK xbox)!!

I've just placed an order for the original model, but VERY enthusiast about the limited edition @ a 20-30 extra. Any coments will appreciated.

THX!!
Old May 01, 2003, 11:56 AM
Veteran

You can get customized "skins" for your XBOX that will make it look even cooler than the limited edition (and it will cost a bit less as well). I think the limited edition looks pretty cool but I wouldn't pay an extra 20-30 pounds just to have the Green XBOX.
Old May 01, 2003, 12:12 PM

I agree with you on that point. But the LE also come with 2 "S" type controller with it, i think retailed @ 20-25 for that alone as opposed to just 1 controller with the original model. I also think replacement parts (DVD-ROM drive) would be better suited for the original model? and the external casing would be stronger than translucent plastics? (That's justy my opionion)

Anyone else with further comments?
Old May 01, 2003, 05:16 PM

Did M$ change the motherboard? HD the same?
Old May 01, 2003, 05:18 PM

only a new board 1.2 xbox, the only thing is that the d0 point is some where els an litle changes here an there.
Old May 01, 2003, 05:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by JS2000 [/i]
[B]I agree with you on that point. But the LE also come with 2 "S" type controller with it, i think retailed @ 20-25 for that alone as opposed to just 1 controller with the original model. I also think replacement parts (DVD-ROM drive) would be better suited for the original model? and the external casing would be stronger than translucent plastics? (That's justy my opionion)

Anyone else with further comments? [/B]

As you pointed out, the real reason the LE version cost more is because it comes with an extra controller. The extra cost covers the cost of the controller.

Internally a Black X-Box is no different then a translucent model so getting replacement parts, such as the DVD-ROM drive, is a mute point.

Also, unless you plan on using your X-box as a step ladder the strength of the external case is another mute point. Under normal conditions both colors are just as strong.