CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 02, 2003, 11:40 AM

Exclamation Help with PS2 Disc Drive, won't read Blue Bottoms anymore!!!

sponsored links

Hey guys, I had a problem in the past where I used to burn my PS2 games on Imation and Memorex CD-Rs. I used to use those and my PS2 stopped reading them after a while. I found out that they wear down the laser. Good thing my PS2 didn't lose all compatibility of reading CD based games... my blue bottoms still worked. After I started using Verbatim discs everything was running smoothly until just recently. I tried playing a game the other day and when I try booting a CD-R game it acts like the game will boot but the laser makes like a clicking sound 3 times then stops then does it again. It acts like it will boot but just takes me to the mem card screen and says reading disc. All DVD games work great so I guess the CD part is just busted. I was wondering... is there a way I could recalibrate my laser so it could read my lasers again? If not can someone please give me a site that sells replacement PS2 drives, please? Also is it hard to install the drives yourself or is it just like a one two process. Please reply. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!
Old May 02, 2003, 05:08 PM

e,bs has a return code for this problem-they call it the blue disc syndrome

cdrs dont break the lazer ,its just when it starts to weare out, that the first thing to go are cdrs