CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 06, 2003, 04:00 PM
Veteran

Default Confused about LPC vs X-ecuter 2

sponsored links

Hi I'm about to buy a modded xbox from a guy, but he advertised that hes selling it with X-ecuter 2 (pro version- dunno what that is) the post was admittedly about a month old,

but i called to ask a few questions regarding the dvd drive issue, and he said that he now uses the LPC as there is no difference anymore between LPC and x-ecuter 2- he says its LPC flashed with x-ecuter 2 bios (i think- sorry i'm a newbie to modchips)

Is this true?
Old May 06, 2003, 05:15 PM

yea its true that lpc can be flashed with xecuter bios.. most modchips can be flashed with any bios..

but if you are going to get the lpc mod with x2 bios

make sure u get the x2 4976.02 bios (newest and best)

heres a break down on x2pro chip if you want to know about it. if not just ignore it

most flashable mod chips can be flashed with any bios.. including the x-ecuter bios.. but the x-ecuter-2 pro you get a 1 meg bank.. which means you can have 4 different bios.. lpc which is probably a cheapmod which you can get for like $15 i think.. but most have 256k banks.. which is fine.. but if you wnat a robust and reliable one i would go with a xbox with x2pro or you can go for the cheaper x2lite modchip.. both can be flashed with different bios..

sorry if that was confusing ill give you a break down of what the x2 pro has

-1 meg bios
-flashable bios
-external programmer
- No need to remove when flashing.
- Flash protection jumper.
- On/Off Dip Switch, connected to the External adapter, no need to solder your own case switch.
- LPT Port, connected to the External adapter - For flashing your BIOS via your printer port on your computer
- 1x 1MB/2x512K/4x256 BIOS chip capacity.
- Works on all XBOXES (version 1.0/1.1/1.2).
- Works on all regions (JAP/USA/PAL).
- Works with 0 wire (NO SOLDER) pogo pins add-on. (found here)
- Works with XBOX LIVE. ** if you disable it
- Works with XBCONNECT. ( ***********.xbconnect.com )
- Comes with Pin Headers, 9 wire adaptor, FCC cable ***, and External adapter

cheap mods- well there cheap.. not really reliable.. but they do what its functioned for.

Last edited by tkoboi; May 06, 2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old May 08, 2003, 08:32 PM

all xbox is just a bios chip.. a bios chip is a bios chip.. it's what in the chip is counts .. the code ..
Old May 12, 2003, 07:58 PM
Veteran

There are 2 components when it comes to chips.

- the chip itself, Xecuter 2 Lite, Pro or cheapmod
- the BIOS code.

The real Xecuter 2 lite and Pros have a 1MBit flash chip. It can hold 1, 2 or 4 BIOS images. 4 x 256K chunks.

Cheapmods are 256K only, so they can only hold 1 BIOS image. Who needs 4 images anyway??

Team Xecuter released the code on their chips in a 256K format, so that cheapmods can use the code the real chips use. On the outside, you would not know if there was a real Xecuter or a cheapmod inside.